Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Training for the Shamrock 1/2 Marathon

I've been seriously training for the Shamrock 1/2 marathon now for about 3 weeks.

The first week back was rough. I was only able to run 2-3 miles before getting winded. Not to mention, my speeds were way down.

The next week was a little better. I found a website that let's you meetup with people who have similar interests. Interestingly enough its called MEETUP.com. I've connected with a group of runners who are of a similar pace and skill level. This definitely made a run on a cold night more fun.

Last week was a good building block. I was able to complete 4 miles without breathing too hard. I'm still a little behind in my pace. I'd like to be about 9:30 and right now we're at 9:45 - 10. It's ok, we are building and we are building together. Although, during our wednesday run, it rained very hard and became windy at our half way mark.

Last night, since I missed the weekend "LONG" run, I ran about 6 miles. I did well, but I'm not back to the shape I was in before the VULCAN 10K in November.

Check out my runs on NikePlus.com and TrailGuru.com.

No comments: